Carter Perspective is a Building Design business based in North East Victoria established by John Carter. John has lived in the area for over 25 years and has a genuine understanding of the challenges and benefits of building in this landscape.
He has always had a love of quality architecture, coming from a family with 3 of his brothers and his father, all with a lifetime of work in the building industry.
John has more than 30 years of combined experience in development and building approvals, building design process, building inspection and project delivery in both local government and the private sector.
Member -Design Matters (The peak body for the building design profession)
Victorian Building Authority-Registered Building Practitioner:
- Building Designer DP-AD 44937,
- Building Surveyor Reg BS 1478
- developing preliminary designs and 3d concepts
- undertaking building inspections and writing reports
- liaising with council planning staff, council and private building surveyors re new projects,
- submitting and resolving council consent or building over easement consent applications,
- liaising with relevant authorities including shire planners, NECMA and Vic Roads officers
- undertaking site inspections, taking site levels, and site measure up for extensions and new homes or other buildings
- preparing working drawings and cost estimates.
- submitting applications for planning and building permits,
- liaising with structural engineer, geotechnical engineer, pile driving or other specialized contractors to achieve good result for client.
- resolve illegal works and required rectification by, site inspection, investigating and liaising with council enforcement officers, measure up and documentation of illegal works, non-compliance items, documenting potential rectification works, preparing and sending corresponding with council municipal building surveyor, enforcement officer and private building surveyor.
- provide regulatory advice and assistance to minimise on site problems with other consultants and to resolve potential problems with building surveyors/inspectors.
- Bushfire reports – BAL & BMO assessments and Bushfire management plans
John Carter has more than 30 years of combined experience in development and building approvals, building design process, building inspection and project delivery in both local government and the private sector.
Member - Design Matters (The peak body for the building design profession)
Victorian Building Authority - Registered Building Practitioner: Building Designer DP-AD 44937
Building Surveyor Reg BS 1478
0439 653 302
Living and working in North East Victoria. Its easy to be inspired by your surroundings when your located in one of the most picturesque locations.