Carter Perspective is a Building Design, building certification advice and inspection business based in NE Victoria established by John Carter.
His aim is to provide a high quality and responsive building design and inspection service helping home owners and builders planning to buy, renovate or build.
Services offered include:
- concept designs and prelim advice and cost estimates,
- planning consultation and drawings to obtain planning permits
- bushfire & BAL assessments and bushfire management plans,
- detailed building designs and working drawings for building permits,
- owner builder Section 137B Defects reports and
- Pre-purchase inspections for residential & commercial buildings.
- Energy rating reports
- Existing Condition plans
John established Carter Perspective to fill a market gap of responsive building design and assessments. His aim is to build and maintain a strong relationship with his clients by providing prompt and professional service, quality bespoke and sustainable designs and reliable building reports.
Using Autodesk Revit 3d design software he creates realistic concepts and perspective drawings that helps clients obtain a clear understanding of how their finished project will look and better communicates to authorities or certifiers the merit of each proposal.
John has more than 30 years of combined experience in development and building approvals, building design process, building inspection and project delivery in both local government and the private sector.
Our Building designs improve our client’s lives and our building reports give them confidence.
Member -Building Designers Association Victoria
Victorian Building Authority-Registered Building Practitioner:
- Building Designer DP-AD 44937,
- Building Inspector and Building Surveyor Reg BS 1478
At Carter Perspective our environmental approach is to:
Recycle: We have a passion for building restorations and used material reuse or repurposed. We minimize paper wastage though use of electronic mediums for concept and design distribution including building and planning permit lodgment.
Site responsive design: We design to suit site conditions and minimise any need for vegetation removal, excessive site excavations and we have a passion for use of locally sourced materials minimizing excess transport impacts.
Energy efficient design: our preferred approach is to exceed the minimum energy ratings required by the Building Code of Australia to reduce energy usage and energy costs to our clients. We do this with careful planning, orientation, material selection, utilisation of new methods, and 3d building design and energy demand modelling software.
John is well placed to assist with building permit advice and application lodgment with Alpine Building permits or other building surveyors private or in council if preferred by the client.
- developing preliminary designs and 3d concepts
- undertaking building inspections and writing reports
- liaising with council planning staff, council and private building surveyors re new projects,
- submitting and resolving council consent or building over easement consent applications,
- liaising with relevant authorities including shire planners, NECMA and Vic Roads officers
- undertaking site inspections, taking site levels, and site measure up for extensions and new homes or other buildings
- preparing working drawings and cost estimates.
- submitting applications for planning and building permits,
- liaising with structural engineer, geotechnical engineer, pile driving or other specialized contractors to achieve good result for client.
- resolve illegal works and required rectification by, site inspection, investigating and liaising with council enforcement officers, measure up and documentation of illegal works, non-compliance items, documenting potential rectification works, preparing and sending corresponding with council municipal building surveyor, enforcement officer and private building surveyor.
- provide regulatory advice and assistance to minimise on site problems with other consultants and to resolve potential problems with building surveyors/inspectors.
- Bushfire reports – BAL & BMO assessments and Bushfire management plans